The regulatory objectives which underpin all of IPReg’s activities are:
- protecting and promoting the public interest;
- supporting the constitutional principle of the rule of law;
- improving access to justice;
- protecting and promoting the interests of consumers;
- promoting competition in the provision of legal services;
- encouraging an independent, strong, diverse and effective legal profession;
- increasing public understanding of the citizen’s legal rights and duties;
- promoting and maintaining adherence to the professional principles
- promoting the prevention and detection of economic crime
Download a copy of our 2024/25 Business Plan.
In January 2023, the IPReg Board set new strategic priorities for the next 3-4 years:
• To carry out our regulatory activities proactively, effectively and inclusively, ensuring the efficient use of resources;
• Increasing the range of good quality education providers accredited by IPReg, in particular as a tool to increase the diversity of the trade mark and patent attorney professions;
• Increase the public profile of IPReg to the regulated community and users of IP legal services.