WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT?
The Intellectual Property Regulation Board (IPReg) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). There are “special categories” of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It explains the types of personal data we may collect about you. It also explains how we will store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
IPReg is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this Privacy Notice.
IPReg’s address is: Intellectual Property Regulation Board, Fifth Floor, Outer Temple, 222-225 Strand, London WC2R 1BA.
If you have any requests concerning your personal data or any queries about our data processing practices please contact us.
WHO DOES THIS NOTICE APPLY TO?
This Notice applies to:
- Individuals on our Register(s) (registrants);
- Individuals that apply to be entered on our Register(s) (applicants);
- Other regulated individuals such as a regulated entity’s account administrator and managers or a Head of Finance and Administration in a licensed body (regulated individual);
- Anyone who contacts us via our website or by email.
It is important that you read this Notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you understand how and why we are using the information.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date;
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about;
- Kept securely.
If you are a registrant, applicant or regulated individual, please click here for more details about how we will collect, store and use your personal data.
If you are a member of the public, please click here for more details about how we will collect, store and use your personal data.
For information about cookies, please click here